2020/21 Academic Term
Changes to Cancelation Policy and Flexible Start Dates due to Covid-19
Updated 08 June 2020
We know this is a very uncertain time for everyone, especially students travelling to University, so we have adjusted our cancellation and start date policies to make them as flexible as possible. Please see our revised 2020/21 Booking Policies below. If you have any questions on any of these, please call or email the accommodation team.
Book Now, Pay Later:
- If you book today at either Highlight site, your €300 booking deposit isn’t due until your first rent installment on 9 August 2020. So you can book today, pay later!
- If you are not able to travel to Dublin due to Covid-19 related travel restrictions, you may cancel your tenancy agreement with no repercussions up to 28 August 2020. Your deposit and first rent installment, both of which are due on or before 9 August 2020, will be refunded in full.
- You must provide evidence of travel restrictions from the World Health Organisation or Government of country of origin.
- If your course has been canceled or moved entirely online due to Covid-19, you may cancel your tenancy agreement with no repercussions up to 28 August 2020. Your deposit and first rent installment, both of which are due on or before 9 August 2020, will be refunded in full.
- You must provide evidence from your Higher Education Institution. This cancelation policy is not available if only a portion of your courses have been moved online, it must be the entire course.
- If you are not able to provide evidence of either of the above, our standard cancelation policies apply. See the FAQ section of our website for more detail.
Flexible Start Date Policy:
- We will amend your tenancy start date without penalties or additional costs in the event that your Higher Education Institution confirms in writing that they are postponing on-campus face-to-face teaching.
- You will need to let us know by midnight on Friday 7 August 2020 if the start of your university is going to be delayed.
- You can delay your move in date up to 4 January 2021 but no later than the Saturday before the start of your University’s welcome week. All tenancies begin on a Saturday.
- You must provide evidence from your University regarding the delayed start date.
- For example, if your University has delayed its start date to 5 October 2020, with welcome week beginning 28 September 2020, and you can provide proof from the University of this delay, you are eligible to move your tenancy start date to no later than Saturday, 26 September 2020.
- If your Higher Education Institution is due to start on time, the tenancy start date is 29 August 2020 for Highlight Thomas Street and 5 September 2020 for Highlight Parkgate.